In this article, we will provide you with four easy methods to check the RAM on your Samsung smartphone. Knowing the amount of RAM on your phone is essential in determining its performance capabilities and comparing it with other smartphones available in the market.
There are many ways to check RAM on an Android phone, but these four methods are the most efficient and reliable methods to check RAM on Samsung phones.
Method 1: View RAM Capacity Through the Device Care Feature
Every Samsung smartphone running on One UI has a feature called Device Care. This feature helps in keeping your smartphone running smoothly by optimizing RAM, battery, and storage. You can use this feature to know the amount of physical RAM and additional virtual memory from RAM Plus.
Follow these steps to check RAM on your Samsung phone through the Device Care feature:
1. Open the Settings menu on your Samsung phone.
2. Tap on “Battery and Device care” (Battery and device maintenance).
3. Check the RAM on the “Memory” tab. You can see the amount of available and used RAM.
The screenshot above shows that the phone has 8GB of physical RAM capacity and 4.8GB of RAM usage.
Method 2: Check RAM Through Developer Options
Another way to check RAM on your Samsung phone is through Developer Options. However, you need to know how to enable developer options on Samsung phones first.
Follow these steps to enable developer options on your Samsung phone and check the RAM:
1. Enter the Settings menu on your Samsung phone.
2. Choose “About Phone.”
3. Select “Software information.”
4. Tap on “Build Number” seven times. A statement will appear, saying that you have become a developer.
5. Find and tap on “Developer options.”
6. Look at the RAM below “Memory.” You can see the amount of RAM available and used.
Method 3: Find RAM Information on Samsung Phone Boxes
If you just bought a new Samsung Galaxy phone, you can easily see the amount of RAM in the phone’s box or packaging. Besides RAM, you will also see ROM (Read-Only Memory) and device color.
Method 4: Check RAM with the CPU-z Application
CPU-Z is a free program available on the Google Play Store that enables you to check the hardware information on your phone. The app displays the name, architecture, and core speed of each device in real-time. It will also show information about the device manufacturer and model, screen resolution, and RAM memory.
Follow these steps to check RAM on your Samsung phone using CPU-Z:
1. Install the “CPU-Z” application from the Play Store.
2. Launch the app and go to the “Devices” tab.
3. Check the RAM next to the “Amount of RAM” option.
The RAM listed here might be slightly lower than the advertised amount. For example, if your phone has 8GB of RAM, the system may show only 7336.
This application also displays battery information, such as level, status, temperature, voltage, and more. Most importantly, CPU-Z does not require root access to display all phone data.
There you have it – the four easy and efficient methods to check RAM on your Samsung smartphone. Whether you want to check the RAM without using any additional apps or by using CPU-z, these steps will help you determine the amount of RAM available and used on your phone.