Finding active and fast proxies can be a challenging task, especially if you are looking for free options. However, in this article, we will guide you on how to find and use free proxies effectively. Before we begin, let’s first understand what proxies are and why they are used.
Proxies are intermediaries between client requests and server responses on a network. They are responsible for simplifying and limiting access to data, information, and internet connections. In large companies, proxies are commonly used to protect confidential documents and restrict access to important data. Proxy management systems are also implemented in offices to share internet access among client computers.
Now, let’s proceed to the steps involved in finding active and fast proxies:
Step 1: Open a free proxy provider site, such as freeproxylists, which is a reliable option. Look for the proxy list section on the site.
Step 2: Adjust the search settings by changing the uptime to 90% and click on the Search button. This will update the proxy list.
Step 3: Select a proxy from the list. Avoid choosing proxies from China, as they tend to have difficulty connecting, despite having good updates and responses. Copy the address and port of the selected proxy.
Step 4: Use a proxy checker site like httptunnel.ge/ProxyChecker.aspx to verify if the selected proxy is still active. Enter the proxy address and port in the appropriate section and click on the Check Proxies button.
Step 5: The results will indicate whether the proxy is active and connected. If the result is green and indicates ‘True’ for all information, it means the proxy can be used. Once you have confirmed the proxy’s validity, apply it in the settings of your Windows or Android device. You can also try accessing a blocked site to ensure the proxy is connected successfully.
Now, let’s discuss how to use and change proxies in Windows:
If you have found a proxy using the above method and wish to use it on your Windows device, follow these steps:
Step 1: Right-click on the network icon on the taskbar and select “Open Network and Sharing Center.” Alternatively, you can access it through the Control Panel.
Step 2: In the Network and Sharing Center, click on “Internet Options” located in the lower left corner.
Step 3: The Internet Properties page will appear, where you need to open the “Connections” tab. Here, you will find various network settings.
Step 4: Select “USB Modem” if you are using a Dial-up connection or choose “Local Area Network (LAN) settings” for a LAN or WLAN connection. For this example, we will assume the use of Dial-up connection and select “Broadband Connection.”
Step 5: If you are using a LAN or WLAN connection, click on the “LAN settings” button.
Step 6: In the “Local Area Network (LAN) Settings” window, check the box next to “Use a server for your LAN (…)” under the “Proxy servers” section. Enter the address and port of the proxy you have selected.
Step 7: Click “OK” to save the changes. If you are unable to connect to the internet after applying the proxy settings, it means the proxy does not have full permission from the server.
Apart from finding and using free proxies, there are also proxy provider sites that offer network access with permission from others. Web Proxies or Proxy Sites fall into this category, as they allow users to surf the internet anonymously. These sites retrieve the requested data from the server, open it through the proxy, and then send it to the user, maintaining confidentiality and security.
Now, let’s discuss some of the best free proxy provider sites:
1. FreeProxyLists.net: This site offers a complete list of free proxies from different countries. It provides proxies with high uptime and response times, making it a reliable choice.
2. Cyberghostvpn.com: Cyberghost is a popular free web proxy that effectively hides your IP address from the websites you wish to access. It also offers extensions for Firefox and Chrome.
3. Hidemyass.com: Hidemyass is known for its high-quality proxies. The site provides various options, such as speed, response time, and anonymity levels, making it easier to find the right proxy for your needs.
4. Kproxy.com: Kproxy is an established player in the free online proxy industry, offering more features than regular free proxy servers. While some of its servers are free, additional servers and unlimited browsing sessions require a monthly subscription fee.
5. Cool-Proxy.net: Cool-Proxy is a reliable proxy site that allows you to search for active proxies based on specific criteria, such as speed, response time, rating, and last check. It offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of options.
In conclusion, proxies are valuable tools for accessing blocked sites, maintaining internet security, and hiding IP addresses. Thankfully, there are many free proxy options available. Always prioritize your online safety and choose the best free proxy that suits your needs.