If you’re experiencing difficulties playing videos on WhatsApp, you don’t need to worry as there are ways to overcome this problem. WhatsApp is a popular mobile application that helps users connect through chat media and video calls, and allows them to upload stories such as videos and photos.
However, if videos are not playing on WhatsApp, there could be several reasons for this, including an unstable internet connection, the app not being updated to the latest version, the app having an error, incorrect WhatsApp settings, and background data settings not being set properly.
Here are seven ways you can fix WhatsApp when it can’t play videos:
1. Update the WhatsApp application – Check if there is a new version update notification by visiting the Google Play Store. If there is a notification to update WhatsApp, select the “Update” button.
2. Wipe Data & Cache – This solution involves deleting data and cache to eliminate crashes in the WhatsApp application. To do this, open “Settings,” click on “Apps,” search for WhatsApp, clear data and cache, and restart your phone.
3. Ensure Active/Stable Internet Connection – One of the reasons videos won’t play on WhatsApp is due to a bad internet connection. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection and test it for browsing.
4. Turn on Auto Download Option – This solution involves turning on the automatic download option in WhatsApp so that videos submitted by anyone will be downloaded automatically and saved on your phone’s internal memory.
5. Reinstall WhatsApp – If none of the previous solutions work, try reinstalling WhatsApp by deleting the app and replacing it with a new one directly from the Play Store.
6. Check Internal Memory – Full internal memory can also cause WhatsApp to be unable to play videos. Check the available internal capacity on your Android by going to “Settings” and “Storage.”
7. Ensure Active Background Data Usage – Activate this feature to let WhatsApp access the internet and download videos. Open “Settings,” click on “Data usage,” search for WhatsApp, and enable background data.
If none of the above solutions work, restart WhatsApp, restart your Android, remove the battery, SIM card, and SD card.
In conclusion, WhatsApp is a reliable mobile application that can be used to connect with people through chat media and video calls. Troubleshooting the inability to play videos on WhatsApp can be solved by updating the app, wiping data and cache, ensuring an active and stable internet connection, turning on auto-download, reinstalling WhatsApp, checking internal memory, and ensuring active background data usage.