The internet has become a necessary part of our lives, and it is now common to use it for daily activities. However, slow internet connection or no connection at all can be very frustrating. If you are an Indosat user, these network problems can be a common occurrence, resulting in slow internet speed. In this article, we will discuss seven ways to overcome slow Indosat internet that actually work.
1. Check APN Settings
Access Point Name (APN) serves as a gateway between the internet and the mobile network. It identifies the connecting networks from cellphones to the internet. Incorrect or inaccurate APN settings can cause slow Indosat network problems. To reset the APN and ensure that the mobile network connection is smooth again, follow these steps:
– Go to “Settings” on your smartphone.
– Select “Network” and choose the “SIM card” option.
– Tap on “Indosat” and then select “APNs”.
– Enter the following Indosat APN settings:
APN name: Indosat 4G
MMS proxies: Defaults
MMS ports: Defaults
APN type: Defaults
APN Protocol Type: IPv4/IPv6
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
– Once all the APN data is entered correctly, close the settings window and restart the phone so the latest settings can take effect.
2. Lock 4G Network
Locking the 4G network is another solution to dealing with slow internet. By doing this, you can force your cellphone to always prioritize the 4G network so that it doesn’t switch to 3G or 2G. The 4G network is still the fastest even though a 5G network is already available but only in limited locations. Here’s how to lock 4G via phone settings:
– Open the “Telephone” app and enter the code: *#*#4636#*#*.
– Select the menu “Test” containing many features such as phone information, usage statistics, Wifi information, and battery information.
– Choose “Phone information 1” for SIM1 or “Phone information 2” for SIM2.
– In the menu, select “Set the preferred network type”.
– Choose “LTE Only” to lock the 4G signal.
– If successful, the 4G signal will now be locked and visible in the status bar.
3. Move Location
Location can also be a reason for slow internet. If you are in a mountainous area, the Indosat network may be obstructed by trees and tall hills, resulting in a weak signal. Therefore, moving to a more open or higher area, such as to the top floor where you are staying, might help improve the signal strength that goes to your cellphone, thus ensuring smooth internet connection again.
4. Change Network Settings
Indosat offers internet connection speed with 4G technology, and now even has implemented 5G. However, there are times when the 4G network has problems, resulting in slow internet speed. By changing the network settings, including switching from 4G connectivity to 3G or 2G and then back to 4G again, you can sometimes restore your internet speed. This simple method can be very effective, especially when internet traffic is very dense.
5. Refresh Indosat Network
Sometimes, refreshing the Indosat network can help restore your internet connection. When your internet signal is affected by interference, there are several ways to refresh the Indosat internet network:
– Turn off the internet connection for a while by turning off the data package icon and waiting a few minutes before trying again.
– Restart your Android phone.
– Select “Activate Airplane Mode”, wait a few minutes, and then turn it off and restart your data plan.
– For cellphones with a removable battery, turn off the phone and remove the battery and SIM card. Wait a few minutes before putting them back in and restarting the phone.
– For cellphones with a non-removable battery, turn off the phone, remove the SIM, wait a few moments before putting the SIM card back in, and restart the phone.
6. Turn off Applications Using Internet Connection
Active applications that use an internet connection in the background can also cause slow internet. Forcefully turning off these applications that are using the internet quota might help restore your internet speed. Here’s how:
– Open “Settings” or “Arrangement”.
– Look for the “Application” menu.
– Check which applications are using your internet usage.
– Click “Force Stop” to stop the application.
7. Wait for Some Time
If all else fails, it could be that the Indosat network is having problems from the center, and there might not be any solution other than to wait. During this time, it might be a good opportunity to spend time with family or engage in other activities.
Slow internet connection can be very annoying, but with these simple and effective methods to overcome the slow Indosat 4G network, you can continue with your activities online. By resetting the APN settings, locking the 4G network, changing network settings, moving location, refreshing the network, turning off applications, or waiting for some time, you can restore your internet speed to normal. Good luck!