Oppo is a well-known mobile phone brand popular for its clear camera quality. However, with popularity comes the risk of fake or supercopy Oppo cellphones being sold at much lower prices than the original ones. It is important to be cautious and check the authenticity of the Oppo cellphone before purchasing it.
There are several ways to check the authenticity of all Oppo HP types, which are discussed below:
1. Comparing Prices – The simplest way to check the authenticity of an Oppo cellphone is to compare its price with that of the original. The original price of an Oppo cellphone can usually be found on the website, advertisements, or posters at nearby cellphone shops. Cellphones sold at lower prices than the original may be fake Oppo cellphones, which are common in online stores. It is wise to check the smartphone’s authenticity before buying it to avoid regrets later.
2. Check the Oppo Operating System – Oppo cellphones use the Color OS operating system, similar to Xiaomi’s MIUI, Meizu’s Flyme OS, and Samsung’s Touchwiz OS. The operating system of each cellphone is usually listed in various media. For this reason, when finding a low-priced Oppo cellphone, it’s vital to check the operating system. The latest version is used in new Oppo cellphones, so it’s important to look at the operating system version before purchasing a cheap Oppo cellphone. To view the version of the operating system, go to Settings, then to Other, and then to About the cellphone.
3. Check the IMEI Code Online – The IMEI is the unique identity number of the cellphone, typically located on the cardboard, the cellphone battery section, and a sticker on the back of the cellphone. The easiest way to check the authenticity of an Oppo cellphone is to check its IMEI number. Oppo Indonesia provides a service on its website to check the authenticity of the Oppo cellphone. Check the IMEI by pressing *#06#, and record it. Then, enter the OPPO Device Authentication website on the official OPPO website.
4. Enter Engineer Mode – Oppo cellphones come equipped with a Mediatek chipset, which means they have a feature called Engineer Mode. This mode allows users to perform tests on hardware, battery, and other parts of the cellphone. To access this mode, press *#800# from the cellphone menu. Once in engineer mode, select the component you want to test, such as the battery, and information about the battery’s health is given. Fake cellphones often have faulty battery quality when checked using engineer mode.
5. View the Warranty Card – Every cellphone purchased legally comes with a warranty card that can be exchanged at the service center in case of damage. Oppo cellphones that are not genuine usually lack a warranty card. Hence, it’s important to check the completeness of the cellphone before buying it, such as checking for a warranty card, charger, box book, and others.
When buying Oppo HP online, it’s best to purchase from an official account or the official Oppo shop on platforms such as Tokopedia, Shopee, Bukalapak, and Lazada. The more popular the Oppo cellphone is, the more fake or replica items there are. It would be wise to examine the completeness of the cellphone before purchasing it.
In conclusion, it’s crucial to check the authenticity of Oppo cellphones before buying them to avoid purchasing fake or supercopy phones. The above methods will help you check the authenticity of the Oppo cellphone, giving you confidence in your purchase and ensuring that you are buying the authentic product.