Netflix’s Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story spent a third week in a row as the top title on streaming platforms in the US, although it declined quite a bit week-to-week.
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and House of the Dragonon the other hand, each improved slightly as they approached the season finales.
Dahmer amassed 2.35 billion minutes of viewing time in the US from October 3 to 9, according to Nielsen’s weekly streaming ratings. That’s down 46 percent from the previous week, but the Ryan Murphy-produced series was still a long way from the week’s top title.
Another Dahmer related show, Netflix Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapesalso cracked the top 10 originals with 522 million minutes of viewing.
Power rings was second among all series with 988 million minutes of viewing time a week before the season finale. It is a small increase from 966 million the week before and enough to push TRoP’s six weeks total (6.38 billion minutes) ago Reacher (5.76 billion) to become Prime Video’s biggest series to date in the Nielsen ratings.
Similarly, House of the Dragon edged up to 921 million minutes (vs. 907 million a week earlier) on HBO Max two weeks after the season finale. (The HBO Max figure does not include any linear or on-demand viewing from HBO’s cable channels.)
Disney+’s She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (454 million minutes) improved nearly 15 percent week-over-week with the release of its eighth episode. Andor (356 million) and Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale (410 million) both dropped.
Hocus Pocus 2 maintained its big lead among streaming movies with 1.1 billion minutes watched on Disney+, but it was down 60 percent from its record opening.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings only cover viewing on television sets and do not include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure US audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only include Apple TV+, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix and Prime Video. Nielsen’s best streaming series for 3.-9. October is below.
1. Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (Netflix), 2.35 billion minutes watched
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime Video), 988 million
3. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 558 million
4. The Empress (Netflix), 523 million
5. Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes (Netflix), 522 million
6. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 513 million
7. She-Hulk: Lawyer (Disney+), 454 million
8. The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu), 410 million
9. The Midnight Club (Netflix), 400 million
10. Andor (Disney+), 356 million
1. House of the Dragon (HBO Max), 921 million minutes
2. Cocomelon (Netflix), 773 million
3. NCIS (Netflix), 720 million
4. Gilmore girls (Netflix), 703 million
5. In the dark (Netflix), 603 million
6. The blacklist (Netflix), 595 million
7. Game of Thrones (HBO Max), 570 million
8. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 529 million
9. The Simpsons (Disney+), 468 million
10. Bluey (Disney+), 411 million