Peacock debuted in the Nielsen streaming ratings with the opening of Halloween ends. Ryan Murphy’s The Watcher opened at No. 1 on the chart, and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power got a bump in the week of the season finale.
Halloween ends, the 13th in the long-running franchise, was the top feature film – and the eighth most-watched title overall – for the week of 10-16. October. It had 717 million minutes of viewing time in the three days following its release on 14 October on Peacock’s premium tier. It is the first title from streaming service NBCUniversal (which is significantly smaller in the US than the likes of Netflix, HBO Max and Amazon’s Prime Video) to reach the Nielsen rating.
The Watcher racked up 2.36 billion minutes of viewing after its October 13 debut, pushing another Murphy-produced series (Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story) out of the top spot after three weeks. Netflix renewed the thriller for a second season on Monday. Pattern rocketed to third among original series with 1.11 billion minutes.
In between the two Murphy shows was Power rings, which grew 15 percent the week of the season finale to 1.14 billion minutes watched. The show ended its seven-week run with 7.52 billion minutes watched, making it Prime Video’s top series in the US since the arrival of Nielsen’s streaming charts.
A week before the season finale, House of the Dragon increased to 960 million minutes of viewing on HBO Max, from 921 million a week earlier. (Streaming figures do not include any showing on HBO’s cable channels.)
Nielsen’s streaming ratings only cover viewing on television sets and do not include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure US audiences, not those in other countries. The best streaming titles for 10-16 October is below.
All in all
1. The Watcher (Netflix), 2.36 billion minutes watched
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime Video), 1.14 billion
3. Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (Netflix), 1.11 billion
4. House of the Dragon (HBO Max), 960 million
5. The blacklist (Netflix), 906 million
6. The Midnight Club (Netflix), 867 million
7. Cocomelon (Netflix), 718 million
8. Halloween ends (Peacock), 717 million
9. The luckiest girl alive (Netflix), 696 million
10. NCIS (Netflix), 663 million
1. The Watcher2.36 billion minutes
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power1.14 billion
3. Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story1.11 billion
4. The Midnight ClubNOK 867 million
5. She-Hulk: Lawyer (Disney+), 526 million
6. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 478 million
7. Andor (Disney+), 405 million
8. The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu), 403 million
9. Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes (Netflix), 365 million
10. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 342 million
1. House of the Dragon960 million minutes
2. The blacklistNOK 906 million
3. CocomelonNOK 723 million
4. NCISNOK 663 million
5. Gilmore girls (Netflix), 628 million
6. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 569 million
7. The sinner (Netflix), 464 million
8. Friends (HBO Max), 450 million
9. Bluey (Disney+), 423 million
10. Game of Thrones (HBO Max), 421 million