- Once you cancel, your subscription will continue until the end of the current billing cycle.
- Subscribers who purchased from a third party must follow other cancellation instructions.
Disney+, Disney’s streaming service released in 2019, earned $5.2 billion in revenue in 2021 and reached over 100 million subscribers in March 2021, according to businessofapps.com. The service reached 137.7 million subscribers in 2022, while the mobile app also passed 200 million downloads.
The service features franchises such as Star Wars, Marvel, National Geographic, Disney and Pixar, and houses older, previously released content as well as new content created for subscribers to enjoy. However, some subscribers may be looking to say goodbye due to cost, content or other issues.
See the latest Disney releases:How to watch “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” on Disney+ today
Just curious?:We are here to help with life’s everyday issues
How to cancel Disney+
Disney recommends following these steps to cancel your Disney+ subscription:
1. Sign in to Disney+ via the PC website or the Disney+ mobile app.
2. Navigate to your profile. On the PC website this will be through the drop down menu from your profile icon in the top right. In the mobile app, getting to your profile is as easy as tapping the profile icon in the bottom right.
3. Select “Account” from your profile. This will be the third option down, under your profiles, “Watchlist” and “App Settings” on the website and app.
4. Under the “subscriptions” section, select your Disney+ subscription. On the mobile app, you will be redirected to a website where you must select the Disney+ subscription once more.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the red “Cancel Subscription” button.
6. Disney will ask you if you are sure you want to complete the cancellation. If so, click or tap the last red “Cancel Subscription” button.
Disney says your current subscription will continue until the end of “your current billing cycle,” and until then your access won’t be interrupted. You can also reset the cancellation of the subscription before the next payment period if you change your mind.
Boring?:How much does Disney+ cost per month? That’s less than $10.
For those who want to pay less:Disney+ is launching a lower-priced ad-supported tier — here’s what we know
How to cancel Disney+ if it’s a third-party subscription
Subscribers can purchase a Disney+ subscription from third-party apps such as Amazon, Google, Apple, Roku and Rogers. Disney offers an additional help page here to manage and cancel subscriptions for those who purchased from a third party.
For solo travelers:Is it worth it to go to Disney World alone?
The many Disneys in the world:What is the difference between Disneyland and Disney World?