The National tax franchise debuts its first TV series as part of the Disney+ schedule for 12-18 December.
On Wednesday 14 December, the streaming service (sign up for Disney+ here) will release the first two parts National Treasure: Edge of History. The first episode of National tax the series is directed by Mira Nair (The Queen of Katwe) from a screenplay written by original screenwriters Marianne and Cormac Wibberley. Disney+’s series stars Lisette Alexis as Jess, Catherine Zeta-Jones (Prodigal son) as Billie, Zuri Reed (Flatbush offenses) as Tasha, Lyndon Smith (Parenthood) as FBI Agent Ross, Jake Austin Walker (DC’s Stargirl) as Liam, Antonio Cipriano (Sharp little pill) as Oren, and Jordan Rodrigues (Light as a feather) as Ethan.
Described as an extension of the Nicolas Cage-led film series, “the series is set to explore timely questions of identity, community, historical writing and patriotism told from the point of view of Jess Morales, a twenty-year-old DREAMer who, with her diverse group of friends, leaves embark on the adventure of a lifetime to uncover her mysterious family history and rescue a lost Pan-American treasure,” the logline reads.
The series comes from the original films’ producer Jerry Bruckheimer in collaboration with the Wibberleys, who all serve as executive producers. It is a production of Jerry Bruckheimer Television with ABC Signature as a studio. The executive producer roster includes the first film’s director Jon Turteltaub, Jonathan Littman, KristieAnne Reed and Rick Muirragui, who also serves as writer.
Disney+ program December 12-18 | New TV and movie additions
Wednesday 14 December
- Alaska’s deadliest (S1)
- broken karaoke (Shorts) (S1, 1 episode)
- Empty the oceans (S5)
- The big Christmas light match (S10)
- The owl house (S3, 1 episode)
- Positive energy (S1)
- National Treasure: Edge of History – Premiere in 2 episodes
- The Santa Clauses – Episode 6 “Chapter Six: A Christmas to Remember”
- Sumo Do, Sumo Don’t! – Episode 9
- Willow – Episode 4
Thursday 15 December
- A very Backstreet vacation
Friday 16 December
- Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration
- Heroes of the Long Road Home with Martha Raddatz
- Mafia Confidential
- Muppets Most Wanted (Sing-Along Version)
- Where seas collide
- If these walls could sing – Premiere
- Le Pupille – Premiere