the menu, from Searchlight Pictures, is headed to digital download on January 3, 2023, then Blu-Ray/DVD on January 17, 2023. This satirical thriller stars Ralph Fiennes, Anya Taylor-Joy and Nicholas Hoult. It’s a twisted tale of fine dining about a couple who travel to dine at an exclusive restaurant on a coastal island. Once there, the chef (Ralph Fiennes) has a sumptuous meal and some equally sumptuous surprises.
The home entertainment release of The menu will include a three-course featurette that takes a look at how the film was made. There will also be some deleted scenes included in the release.
Read all the details about this home entertainment release below.
BURBANK, CA (December 15, 2022) – From Searchlight Pictures and director Mark Mylod (Succession) comes the satirical thriller The menu. This outrageous tale of fine dining has been hailed by critics as “delightfully twisted” (Chris Evangelista, Slash Movie) “wildly entertaining” (Alan Cerny, vital tension) and “undeniable fun” (Brian Tallerico, RogerEbert.com). The film is Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™ and arrives on digital January 3rd and Blu-ray and DVD January 17th, with never-before-seen bonus content that takes viewers behind the scenes and inside the kitchen.
A young couple (Anya Taylor-Joy and Nicholas Hoult) travel to a coastal island to dine at an exclusive restaurant where the chef (Ralph Fiennes) has created a sumptuous menu, with some shocking surprises. The dark comedy is written by Seth Reiss & Will Tracy, and directed by Mark Mylod.
- Open kitchen: A look inside The menu – Enjoy the special ingredients The menu to see how director Mark Mylod and his formidable cast, the biting script and renowned chef consultants created the perfect recipe to bring authenticity and dark humor to the film’s exclusive culinary world.
- First Course: Take a seat at the table as director Mark Mylod delves into some of the key ingredients used to make The menu. Meet the acclaimed chefs and food stylist who brought their culinary expertise to the set.
- Second Course: Enjoy the world building of Hawthorn, from kitchen “boot camp” to the meticulous details of production design. Hear from the cast and writers about the director’s naturalistic approach to capturing the nuances of the performances.
- Dessert: Dig into the creation of the s’mores sequence as costume designer Amy Westcott explains the painstaking process of sewing ponchos made from real marshmallows. The cast discusses chocolate hats and the characters’ absurd predicament.
- And for a mignardis, enjoy three deleted scenes…
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
Ralph Fiennes as Julian Slowik
Anya Taylor-Joy as Margot Mills
Nicholas Hoult like Tyler
Hong Chau like Elsa
Janet McTeer as Lillian Bloom
Reed Birney as Richard Liebbrandt
Judith Light as Anne Liebbrandt
And John Leguizamo as a movie star
Adam McKay due, Betsy Koch due, Will Ferrell
Seth Reiss and Will Tracy
Digital: January 3, 2023
Physical: January 17, 2023
Digital: UHD, HD, SD
Physical: Blu-ray combo pack (Blu-ray + digital code) and DVD
Function Run time
US rated R
**For strong/disturbing violent content, pervasive language and some sexual references
**Bonus material is not rated
The size ratio
Blu-ray: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital English AD 2.0 Dolby
Digital: 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English descriptive audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms), Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)