So after a month the company rolled out the iOS 16.1 update and now iOS 16.2 the update is here.
The new iOS 16.2 update brings various new features to iPhones. The update includes the FreeForm app, the Apple Music karaoke feature called Sing, advanced data protection for iCloud, improved lock screen functionality and more. Before downloading the new update, make sure you backup your data and also your iPhone should have more than 50% battery. Also, you must have a working one WiFi connection to download the iOS 16.2 update.
It is an OTA update and you will receive a push notification to install the same. However, you can also manually check for the update by following some simple steps.
How to Download and Install iOS 16.2 Update
Step 1: Go to Settings on iPhone
Step 2: Now go to General
Step 3: After this, tap on Software Update
Step 4: Now you just have to wait for a few seconds and the update will appear.
Step 5: Finally tap on Download and Install option
Here’s what’s new in the iOS 16.2 update
– Freeform is a new app for working creatively with friends or colleagues on Mac, iPad and iPhone
– A flexible canvas allows you to add files, images, stickies and more
– Drawing tool allows you to sketch anywhere on the canvas with your finger
Apple Music Sing
– A new way to sing along to millions of your favorite songs in Apple Music
– Fully adjustable vocals allow you to duet with the original artist, sing solo or mix it up
– Newly improved beat-by-beat lyrics make it even easier to follow the music
Advanced data protection for iCloud
– New option expands the total number of iCloud data categories protected with end-to-end encryption to 23 – including iCloud backupnotes and photos — protect your information even in the event of a data breach in the cloud
– New settings allow you to hide wallpapers or notifications when Always-On Display is enabled on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
– Sleep widget lets you see your latest sleep data
– Medicines widget allows you to see reminders and quickly access your schedule
– SharePlay support in Game Center for multiplayer games so you can play with the people you’re on a FaceTime call with
– Activity widget lets you see what your friends are playing and achieving in games right from the home screen
– Live Activities for the Apple TV app lets you follow your favorite teams with live scores right on the lock screen or in Dynamic Island on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
– Improved reliability and efficiency in communication between your smart home accessories and Apple devices
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
– Improved search in Messages allows you to find images based on their content, such as a dog, car, person or text
– Turning off the Hide IP Address setting allows iCloud Private Relay users to temporarily disable the service for a specific website in Safari
– News articles in Weather display information relevant to the weather in that location
– Participant markers in notes let you see live indicators when others make updates to a shared note
– AirDrop now automatically reverts to Contacts Only after 10 minutes to prevent unwanted requests to receive content
– Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
– Fixes an issue that causes some notes not to sync with iCloud after updates are made.
Apple iPhone 14 Plus: Unboxing