Wondering how to download and install the Intel Bluetooth driver on your Windows 10 system? The latest drivers from Intel are equipped with feature and security updates and therefore guarantee top-notch hardware performance. It is always recommended to keep system drivers up to date to ensure the best possible scenario.
The latest Intel Bluetooth driver, version 22.190.0, has been updated to cover both Windows 10 and 11 systems. It is mandatory that users who wish to use Bluetooth wireless technology to operate their systems should download an appropriate driver.
Fortunately, the download is free and the installation takes very little time to complete. Let’s take a look at the process and how you can easily get it done.
A guide to getting the latest Intel Bluetooth driver up and running on your Windows 10 system
Usually, drivers can be downloaded from the hardware manufacturers’ websites. They usually prioritize regular security updates and general updates for their devices.
If your laptop runs on an Intel processor, it’s likely that the Bluetooth adapter is also from Intel. A purpose-built PC, on the other hand, may have an adapter from another manufacturer such as Mediatek. Unfortunately, the Intel Bluetooth driver is only compatible with Intel adapters.
To download and install the Intel Bluetooth driver:
- Visit intel.com and click on the Support tab.
- Select Download Center.
- Now you can use the automatic download tool for your convenience. Otherwise, you can choose to download the driver manually.
- To find the latest Bluetooth driver manually, click the Wireless option under Select your product.
- Scroll and look for the “Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11” option. Click on it to open the download page.
- Make sure the selected version is that of the latest available driver. You can use the drop down box to check.
- Under Available Downloads, click the “Download BT-22.190.0-32-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe” button to start the download.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- In the meantime, uninstall the current Bluetooth driver version, if any. You can do that from the Device Manager app. Find the driver under the Bluetooth section, right-click on it and select Uninstall Device.
- Once the download is complete and you have uninstalled the old driver, double-click the .exe file you downloaded to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions and perform a system reboot.
If you want to install an older Intel Bluetooth driver version, you can use the Version drop-down list to choose between two other options: 22.180.0 and 22.170.0. That said, it is recommended to download the latest Intel Bluetooth driver to avoid complications.
Does the latest Intel Bluetooth driver version support all Intel Bluetooth adapters?
According to official documentation, the latest Intel Bluetooth driver may not support some Intel adapters. Here is a list of supported devices:
- Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1675 PCIe card
- Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1690 (ice)
- Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1675 (ice)
- Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (xw)
- Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (ice)
- Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1675 (xb)
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX203
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX101
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX411 (Gig+)
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
- Intel® Wireless-N 7265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9260 Industrial IoT Kit
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9260 Embedded IoT Kit
- Intel® Wireless-AC 9260
- Intel® Wireless-AC 9461
- Intel® Wireless-AC 9462
- Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+)
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+)
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+)
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+)
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit
You can check your Bluetooth adapter model from the Device Manager app on Windows. For more such guides, be sure to follow Sportskeeda.