Download Windows 10 ISO images with the latest updates
Windows 10 ISO images (version 21H2 / November 2021 Update) are available for download from the Microsoft website.
Windows 10 ISO with the latest cumulative update is available in all editions, languages and two formats (64-bit and 32-bit), according to the technology giant.
Windows 10 version 21H2 update was released in November 2021 and Microsoft has confirmed that the update is now widely available. This means that most users see it when they check for updates manually. If you do not see the update, you can download ISOs of Windows 10 (version 21H2) to update devices immediately or perform a clean installation.
To download the ISO file for Windows 10 November 2021 Update (version 21H2) from the Microsoft website, you have two options – change your browser’s agent to get direct downloads or try Media Creation Tool.
Download Windows 10 21H2 ISO files directly from Microsoft
For those who need the ISO image immediately, follow the instructions to get direct download links (valid for all editions) to download Windows 10 November 2021 Update:
- Windows 10 21H2 English (all editions) 64-bit – 5.8 GB.
- Windows 10 21H2 English (all editions) 32-bit – 3.9 GB.
The links generated from Microsoft servers will expire automatically after 24 hours of creation, and it is recommended that you complete the download within one day by following the steps outlined below.
In this guide, we will highlight step-by-step instructions for downloading Windows 10 ISO files and using the upgrade manually.
How to download Windows 10 ISO with latest updates
To download Windows 10 latest ISO, use these steps:
- Open the default browser. In this guide we use Chromium (Chrome)
- In Chromium (Chrome, Edge, etc.), click on the menu with three dots (…).
- click on More tools.
- click on Developer tools.
- This will open the developer window on the right.
- Go to the Microsoft Download Center with the developer window open.
- In the developer window, click on the menu with three dots (…).
- Look for the user agent in the Network Conditions pane.
- Disable the automatic agent agent selection.
- Select mobile browser by clicking on “Custom …”.
- For example, you can select “Chrome iPad” or “Chrome Android”.
- You must select a mobile device as a user agent because Microsoft only offers the media files when the site is available on a non-Windows 10 device.
- Press CTRL + F5 to open the download center in your new user agent. Do not close the developer window.
- If you followed the steps correctly, you will see “Download Windows 10 disk image (ISO file)“-since.
- Under ‘Select edition‘, select ‘Windows 10 November 2021 update‘.
- Select the language for your ISO.
- Select either 32-bit or 64-bit. This makes a pretty big difference, so you need to be careful before downloading the files. You can confirm the configuration from Settings> System> About.
You must follow these steps because the Microsoft Download Center is designed to force the Media Creation Tool when the site opens on a Windows 10-powered PC.
Following the steps above will make your browser pretend to use a different operating system. As a result, when you refresh the page in the browser after changing the user agent, the Microsoft website will offer you Windows 10 ISO instead of the Media Creation Tool.
If you followed the steps correctly, the download of the media images will start and you can safely close the developer window.
Method 2: Use the Media Creation Tool to create an ISO
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is also a great way to reinstall your operating system, and it can download the necessary files from Microsoft.
Follow these steps to download ISO using the Media Creation Tool:
- On Windows 10, download the Media Creation tool from the Microsoft website (under the Windows 10 installation media section). It is not a big download and it will not take long to finish
- Once downloaded, open Media creation tool to upgrade the current installation or create a bootable flash drive.
- Click Yes and give it a few minutes to set up your PC.
- Read the license agreement and click on Accept button.
- When you are done, you will see the “Get something ready” screen on your PC.
- On the next screen, you can either upgrade your PC directly or create installation media (ISO file) for another PC.
- Select Create installation media and click Next button.
- Select Language, architectureand Windows edition for your ISO image.
- Under “Choose which medium you want to use“, Select ISO file options and press Next. To create a bootable USB drive, select the first option instead.
- Select a location to save the ISO file and click the Save button.
- When the download is complete, you can close the tool with the Media Creation Tool by clicking the Finish button.
How to use Windows 10 ISO file
Windows 10 21H2 ISO files can be used in a variety of ways. If the Media Creation Tool and other programs do not work, you can use it to manually install the latest system update without losing files / apps.
Before you start using the media file, you need to know how it works.
An ISO image contains the installation files for Windows 10 with the latest cumulative and feature updates.
Windows 10 has many tools for opening these media files. However, you can always use File Explorer, which comes with built-in functionality to mount ISO naturally without the need for additional third-party software.
To update your device to Windows 10 version 21H2 using ISO files, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the download folder where the ISO image is located.
- Double Click “Win10_21H2_v2_English_x64.isoFile to mount it.
- Double-click in the folder Setup.exe.
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Click Upgrade this PC.
- The tool will now start checking for quality updates, such as driver or cumulative update, and it will be downloaded automatically.
- Select the option to keep personal files, applications and apps. You get options to keep everything, but you can choose not to keep anything at all and do a new installation.
- Once you are sure of your choices, click “Install” or “Next” and the installation process for Windows 10 will begin.
Windows 10s Setup.exe and Media Creation Tool are the two easiest ways to complete the installation of a feature update. Windows Update and Update Assistant Tools can sometimes lag behind in rolling out newer versions, but there is no stopping you to download the update manually.
The ISO file is also perfect if you want to clean the operating system installation or build a USB flash drive to install Windows 10 on another machine.
What is the size of the November 2021 update?
In our tests, we observed that the size of Windows 10 21H2 ISO is 5.8 GB, which means that it should not be downloaded on measured / limited data connection. If you are using your phone, make sure you have at least six gigabytes of data.
It is also worth noting that the links will expire after 24 hours and the download will not resume.
As always, you can skip the hassle of media files and download / install Windows 10 November 2021 Update using Windows Update Settings or Update Assistant. This process is faster when you run the May 2021 update (version 21H1) because the update is based on the activation package.