5 best apps to download music for free on Android
From Netflix to Spotify, most services now focus on streaming music and videos. The problem is that you do not always have access to the internet. Many people miss the good old days of having their personal music collection stored directly on their device where it was always available.
In this article, we will cover the top five Android apps for downloading music for free, so you can find new music and access it wherever you are.
Things to look for
These days, many free apps are used for data collection and contain adware or other malicious software that will suck in your personal information for profit. Be sure to do your own research and be careful when granting permissions to all apps.
Furthermore, many free music download apps have access to technical loopholes to allow users to download music illegally. Some of these apps are legal in some countries and not in others, so we recommend that you check yourself before downloading.
Note: In this article, we will focus on apps you can use to download music for free. For example, Spotify is a great free streaming service for music and podcasts, but you can not download and listen to offline music with the free version. If you are looking for music streaming services, check out the 5 best options for Spotify.
Audiomack is a free, all-in-one platform for music discovery and sharing. It offers a free streaming service for upcoming artists to share their music and develop an audience.
Audiomack has songs from almost all genres, although it mainly offers hip-hop, rap, R&B and EDM. You can listen to these songs in the app, or download them to your device in all popular formats. Audiomack is also available on iOS.
To download a song with Audiomack:
- Find the song you want to download and press three vertical dots.
- Hit Add to downloads.
Audials Play is a little different from the other apps in this list. A look back at an earlier era of recording tracks from the radio using cassette tapes, this app allows you to record songs from different radio stations. You can then download the song as an MP3 file directly to your device.
To record and download a song with Audials Play:
- Find the radio station you want to listen to and wait for a song you like to play.
- Press the three vertical dots and select Record song.
- Wait for the song to finish, then press Stop recording. This file will now be available for you to download.
SONGily comes both as a free app from the Play Store and a Pro app available as an APK from the SONGily site. It has a large database of music, but most of the free songs are covers, remixes and live versions as these are legal to distribute and download. There are some originals, but it can be harder to find these on the app.
SONGily also works as a music player, so you can also stream all your favorite music in the app.
To download a song with SONGily:
- Open the app and select your region by pressing three vertical dots at the top left of the screen.
- Search for the song you want to download by pressing magnifying glass icon.
- Tap the song, then find the version you want to download. If you are connected to the internet, you will be able to stream these to check which one is best.
- When you have found the best version, tap it and tap download icon.
Amazon gives Prime subscribers and Amazon Music subscribers access to millions of songs without advertising. But it also allows you to listen to a lot of their library for free with ads between songs. Even better, the app lets you download music to your device so you can listen to your favorite songs offline.
Amazon Music also has thousands of “radio” stations, playlists and podcasts that you can listen to or download.
To download songs with Amazon Music:
- Open the app and tap the song you want to download. Alternatively, you can select and download entire playlists or albums.
- Select three vertical dots Upper right.
- Select from the drop-down menu download.
The new music will now be available on your Android device for offline listening.
5. Hungama Music – Stream and download MP3 songs
Hungama Music is one of the best music download apps for Android, especially for fans of Indian music. Hungama Music has a huge collection of songs (15 million and more) in over 15 languages, so if you like Bollywood songs, this is the app for you.
Hungama Music also has high quality covers of many famous international songs. It offers in-app playback as well as easy downloads so you can save the songs to your Android phone. You can also change the quality of your downloads and set the app to download only on Wi-Fi so that you can preserve your data.
To download music with Hungama Music:
- Open the app and find a song you want to download.
- Tap the song, then tap download icon next to it.
- The app will display a green check mark next to the song when it is downloaded.
Free music for several days
Fortunately, there are many ways to download music to your phone, whether it is an iPhone or Android. Android users can use the top 5 free music taps to listen to their favorite artists’ mixtapes or stream music with the highest sound quality.
If you want to stream music and don’t mind paying for the ability to download, you can always check out music streaming apps like YouTube Music (formerly Google Play Music), SoundCloud and Spotify.