As fans around the world count down to the S3 finale, many are wondering if the Mob Psycho 100 anime will return for Season 4.
The conclusion of an anime roundup can be a time of excitement and nerves, but also frustration as fans look ahead to what the future holds for their favorite shows.
This week, fans will be in earnest as Mob Psycho 100 Season 3 reaches its final episode, set to premiere around the world via Crunchyroll on December 21 for the vast majority of international viewers.
Unfortunately, Mob Psycho 100 has yet to be officially renewed for Season 4, and it seems unlikely that the anime will return for more content – here’s everything you need to know.
Mob Psycho 100 Season 4 Renewal Status Explained
As previously mentioned, Mob Psycho 100 has not been officially renewed for Season 4 by Studio Bones, the animation production team behind the anime adaptation.
Unfortunately, it seems highly unlikely that the Mob Psycho 100 anime will return for a fourth season because the series has now reached the conclusion of the original manga.
The Mob Psycho 100 manga ran from April 2012 to December 2017, releasing a total of 16 complete Tankobon volumes in Japan across individual 101 chapters; nine of these volumes are already available for reading in English.
Unfortunately, season 3 episode 12 is expected to adapt to the final chapter and also the epilogue of the original manga:
- Season 3 Episode 1 – Future ~Career Paths~ (Chapter 92)
- Season 3 Episode 2 – Yokai Hunter Amakusa Haruaki Appears! ~The Threat of a Hundred Demons!!~ (Chapter 93)
- Season 3 Episode 3 – Getting Carried Away ~100%~ (Chapter 94-95)
- Season 3 Episode 4 – Divine Tree 1 ~The Founder Appears~ (Chapter 95-96))
- Season 3 Episode 5 – Divine Tree 2 ~Peace~ (Chapter 97)
- Season 3 Episode 6 – Divine Tree 3 ~Dimple Is~ (Chapter 97)
- Season 3 Episode 7 – Episode 1 ~Winter Vacation~ (Chapter 98)
- Season 3 Episode 8 – Transmission 2 ~Encountering the Unknown~ (Chapter 98)
- Season 3 Episode 9 – Mob 1 ~Moving~ (Chapter 99)
- Season 3 Episode 10 – Mob 2 ~Rival~ (Chapter 99)
- Season 3 Episode 11 – Mob 3 ~Trauma~ (Chapter 99)
- Season 3 Episode 12 – Confession ~The Future~ (Chapter 100-101)
Unless Studio Bones decides to produce Season 4 on an original story, which is extremely rare in the modern anime industry, this will likely be the end of the line for the Mob Psycho 100 series.
However, fans should note that a six-chapter spin-off manga called Reigen debuted in 2018 – so there’s a chance for a special Mob Psycho 100 OVA in late 2023.
How does season 3 compare on the scorecards?
Mob Psycho 100 has experienced an amazing response from fans around the world, and is currently the fourth highest ranked anime of the fall on MyAnimeList.
In fact, the third season of Mob Psycho 100 has consistently scored higher than the first season from 2016 and only slightly behind the second season from 2019.
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 1: (MyAnimeList) – 8/49/10
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 1: (Anilist) – 4.3/5
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 1: (Anime Planet) – 84%
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 2: (MyAnimeList) – 8.80/10
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 2: (Anilist) – 4.4/5
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 2: (Anime Planet) – 88%
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 3: (MyAnimeList) – 8.65/10
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 3: (Anilist) – 4.3/5
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 3: (Anime Planet) – 86%
The overall series has a score of 8.6/10 on IMDB, with four episodes from season 3 being higher than this average rating.
Also, the third anime season is currently the third highest rated Bones series of all time on MyAnimeList, behind only Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and season 2 of the Mob Psycho 100 anime.
“The supporting cast that engages and encourages this development makes everyone a treat to watch on screen. I just love every single character on his show and what they deliver for our main character. There are so many fun moments of downtime, laughter, and just some maybe “boring” moments. But there is always a calm before the storm. It is good to write that when there is too much of a good time, there will be a terrible approaching. The MP100 S3 does that with their grades.” – User review, via MAL.
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]
In other news, 7DS: Grudge of Edinburgh Part Two launches August 2023 on Netflix