It has finally been confirmed that Naruto: Sasuke’s Story and Code Arc will be released as part of the Boruto anime from January 2023.
Social media platforms around the world are currently dominated by the Boruto and Naruto franchises, with the two series featuring heavily on day one of the Jump Festa event in Japan.
In addition to the Naruto99 fan popularity poll going global and the live musical setting launching in September 2023, it was finally confirmed that the Boruto anime would be getting not one, but two new story arcs.
One is the infamous Sasuke’s Story spin-off manga from the original Naruto series, and the other is the continuation of the ongoing Boruto manga’s latest offering – here’s everything fans need to know.
Naruto: Sasuke Story anime adaptation confirmed
The first big announcement regarding the Naruto and Boruto series is that the Sasuke’s Story – The Uchiha and the Heavenly Stardust manga will receive an anime adaptation.
Also, the anime adaptation of Naruto: Sasuke’s Story—The Uchiha and the Heavenly Stardust manga will premiere in January 2023; a more specific date remains TBA.
The side story will be a separate arc in the Boruto anime, which airs every Sunday on Crunchyroll at 1 PST/4 AM EST/9 AM GMT.
“Uchiha Sasuke goes to an astronomical observatory, far from the Land of Fire. There he syncs with Sakura, and together they dive into an undercover investigation looking for clues to the Sage of Six Paths! The two are soon drawn into a deadly conspiracy! The popular spin-off novel, now as a manga series!” – Naruto: Sasuke’s Story – Uchiha and the Heavenly Stardust synopsis, via Manga Plus.
Four chapters of the side story have been published, all of which are available to read for free on both Viz Media and Manga Plus – Chapter 5 will be released on December 17 at 15:00 GMT. Manga Plus can be downloaded via the App Store and Google Play.
Code Arc will play next year in Boruto anime
The other big announcement regarding the Boruto anime series is that the Code Story Arc will start in February 2023.
Again, a specific start date for the new story arc has not been shared, but will be included as part of the Boruto anime series, which airs Sundays via Crunchyroll at 1 AM PST/4 AM EST/9 AM GMT.
This story arc started with chapter 56 of the original manga series and continues to be published in the monthly chapter release:
- Chapter 56 – ‘Code’ (Volume 15)
- Chapter 57 – ‘Ada’ (Volume 15)
- Chapter 58 – ‘The Right Job for Idiots and Villains’ (Volume 15)
- Chapter 59 – ‘Knight’ (Volume 15)
- Chapter 60 – ‘Place to Belong’ (Volume 16)
- Chapter 61 – ‘Madness’ (Volume 16)
- Chapter 62 – ‘Run-In’ (Volume 16)
- Chapter 63 – ‘Ask No Questions’ (Volume 16)
- Chapter 64 – ‘Control’ (Volume 17)
- Chapter 65 – ‘Kama Power’ (Volume 17)
- Chapter 66 – ‘Do or Die’ (Volume 17)
- Chapter 67 – ‘Rift’ (Volume 17)
- Chapter 68 – ‘Scar’ (Volume 18)
- Chapter 69 – ‘Captors’ (Volume 18)
- Chapter 70 – ‘From the Bottom of My Heart’ (Volume 18)
- Chapter 71 – ‘Hindrance’ (Volume 18)
- Chapter 72 – ‘Less and More Useful’
- Chapter 73 – ‘A Special Mission’
- Chapter 74 – “Image Baptism”
- Chapter 75 – ‘Domain of the Gods’
- Chapter 76 – ‘A Woman’s Sanctuary’
This article will be updated as more information about both the Code anime story arc and Naruto: Sasuke’s Story—The Uchiha and the Heavenly Stardust is revealed.
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]
In other news, how many episodes of Fleishman Is In Trouble and is season 2 renewed?