Anime Studio TMS launches new High Card Anime Teaser with opening theme preview
Japanese animation studio TMS has announced further details about its latest original anime project in High carda new TV anime that combines high-stakes gambling with supernatural elements that will debut in January 2023, and the studio describes the series:
After discovering that his orphanage was on the verge of closing due to financial stress, Finn, who lived freely on the street, set out for a casino with the goal of earning a fortune. However, nothing could have prepared Finn for the nightmare that awaited him.
Well ahead, Finn met a car chase and bloody exchange of fire caused by a man’s “lucky” card. Finn will eventually learn what the exchange of fire was about. The world order can be controlled by a set of 52 X-Playing cards with the power to give various superhuman powers and abilities to those who possess them. With these cards, people can access the hidden power of the “buddy” that can be found in themselves.
There is a secret group of players called the High Card, who have been directly ordered by the King of Fourland to collect the cards that have been scattered throughout the kingdom, while they are in the moonlight as employees of the well-established car manufacturer Pinochle. Find to become the group’s fifth member, soon joins the players on a dangerous mission to find these cards. “All you need in life is behavior, dignity and the will to invest in your own life.”
But Who’s Who, the rival carmaker obsessed with defeating Pinochle, and Klondikes, the infamous mafia family, stand in the way of the gang. An insane battle among these short-tempered players, driven by justice, lust and revenge, is about to begin! Are you ready? It’s Showdown !!
A new teaser has also been released that previews the opening theme “Trickster” by FIVE NEW OLD around new action scenes with the characters and is built in below:
RELATED: HIGH CARD Anime is all at the premiere in 2023 with Junichi Wada directing
The entire cast and staff are listed below:
- Finn Oldman: Gen Sato
- Chris Redgrave: Toshiki Masuda
- Leo Constantine Pinochle: Shun Horie
- Wendy Sato: Haruka Shiraishi
- Vijay Kumar Singh: Yuichiro Umehara
- Bernard Symons: Kazuhiro Yamaji
- Theodore Constantine Pinochle: Daisuke Ono
- Original work: TMS, Homura Kawamoto, Hikaru Muno
- Director: Junichi Wada
- Series composition: Naoki Kuroyanagi
- Manus: Kenichi Yamashita, Kazuhiko Inukai, Shingo Nagai
- Grade draft: Ebimo
- Character design: Nozomi Kawano
- Chief Animation Supervisor: Nozomi Kawano, Haruna Nagata
- Action animation director / key animator: Shunpei Mochizuki, Junichi Hayama
- Effect Animation Director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Color design: Yumi Nanmoku
- Art Director: Minoru Onishi, Akira Suzuki
- Cinematographer: Tomoyuki Kunii
- CG Director: Masafumi Uchiyama
- Editor: Rie Ito
- Card design: BALCOLONY.
- Concept art: reoenl (FLAT STUDIO)
- Sound director: Shoji Hata
- Sound effects: Hiromune Kurahashi
- Music: Ryo Takahashi
- Opening song: FIVE NEW OLD “Trickster” (Warner Music Japan)
- Animation production: STUDIO HIBARI CO., LTD.
- Manufactured by: TMS ENTERTAINMENT CO., LTD.
SOURCE: TMS Anime (English)
© TMS / HIGH CARD Project